Thursday, March 15, 2012

Product of the week

It's been almost a week since my spray tan (which actually turned out great), and it's just now starting to fade a little. With all this warm weather requiring me to wear skirts and dresses, I found the perfect way to maintain this tan as long as I can.

Enter Banana Boat Sunless Tanning Lotion.

I've tried my fair share of tanning lotions, and let me tell you, this is the best I've found (thanks Mare!). I think the Deep Dark Color version works the best for my skin tone, but there is also a lighter shade available as well.

But instead of using the tanning lotion by itself, the key is to mix it with a regular lotion, such as Vaseline Cocoa Radiant, which is my all-time favorite (thanks Leah!).


I usually use a ratio of about 70 percent tanning lotion to 30 percent regular lotion, and voila, I get the perfect amount of color. It doesn't streak, and it looks so natural! Plus this Vaseline lotion makes my skin so soft.

And after I wash my face at night, I mix a little dab of the Banana Boat with my face lotion before I go to bed, then wake up to a tan face! 

Here's the tricky part: I can only seem to find the Banana Boat at Walmart. Every other drugstore I've tried hasn't had it, but maybe you'll have better luck than me!  

If you try this or have tried it, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the suggestion! i think i'm going to try these two products out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hey! I stumbled upon your blog after I saw you had stumbled upon mine. Loved it! So, I'm your new follower! And this post came at JUST the right time for me. I was actually on my way to Wal-mart tonight to pick up some kind of tanning lotion. I wasn't sure which one to try, but now that I saw your suggestion, I'll try this. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to have stumbled upon your blog, too! And I am intrigued these lotions--I'll have to try them out for sure

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS