Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Snack attack

My go-to snack as of lately: 


A 6 oz serving of Chobani Non-Fat Yogurt with a handful of Special K Protein Plus. 

YUM. 

I'll be the first to admit: I'm weird about yogurt. I go through phases with eating yogurt, and I'm one of those people who literally take forever to eat it. I'm not sure if it's a texture thing or what, but it's weird I know. My favorite flavors of Chobani so far? Blueberry, peach, and apple cinnamon. 

What I like about this snack: I don't think I could eat this whole serving of yogurt by itself, so by adding the cereal in, it gives the yogurt a little something more and also makes it more filling. Also, I'm a big fan of eating cereal for a snack, but honestly, this Special K Protein Plus cereal kind of sucks by itself. By adding the cereal to the yogurt not only do you get a ton of protein, but you're also adding fiber as well. 

Nutrition facts for Chobani (peach flavor): 

Serving Size 6oz 
Calories 140
Calories From Fat 0
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g 
Total Carbs 20g 7%
Dietary Fiber less than 1g 4%
Sugars 19g 
Protein 14g 28%
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%
Vitamin D3 
Calcium 20%
Iron 0%

Nutrition facts for Special K Protein Plus: 

Serving Size 3/4 cup
Calories 100 
Calories from Fat 30
Total Fat 3g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 110mg 5%
Total Carbohydrates 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugars 2g
Protein 10g
Vitamin A 15% 
Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 4%
Iron 45%

What's your favorite snack lately?

2 comments:

  1. i'm totally with you on the yogurt phases! i also take forever to eat it (when i eat it), because the texture is just too gross to handle sometimes!!
    i've never tried eating cereal with yogurt before, but i'm definitely going to try it soon!
    thanks for sharing!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Fage yogurt? It's my favorite Greek yogurt. You add the fruit into the yogurt yourself, so you can control how much fruit flavor you want, and it's a bit more fun to eat!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS