Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lena Dunham + Girls

As most of you know, I am obsessed with Girls on HBO. Sunday night is now my new favorite night, and in preparing for the show's second season, I watched the first season twice within a period of a few weeks. I think Lena Dunham is absolutely brilliant, which is why I'm so happy that she won the Golden Globe for best actress in a TV Comedy/Musical and that Girls won for best TV Comedy/Musical.
I think the reason why I like Lena so much is because she seems so genuine and real, and the confidence she has in her body is so refreshing. She wouldn't even let a rude comment from Howard Stern ruffle her feathers.  

In the show, her character Hannah's one-liners are so awesome (not to mention the speech she gave Adam in the fourth episode of the first season was so real and raw I think every girl could relate to it). I'm dying to get my hands on her book, which is a collection of essays called “Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s Learned." And I loved that during her acceptance speech at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards, she stopped midway through to take off her shoes. I also love this story about why she mentioned Chad Lowe in her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes. 

More than anything, I think she's an inspiration to people who are out there right now following their dreams and fighting for what they believe in. She also just seems like she'd be a really cool friend to have. 

via IMDB
Here's to counting down until Sunday at 9 p.m.!

1 comment:

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS