Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Beach hair

I scooped up this little gem at CVS last week as an impulse buy, and I'm so glad that I did! 

Find it here.

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

Simply put, it's amazing. 

I wear my hair straight 90% of the time. But there are some days when I just don't feel like doing anything to it. After having my hair short for awhile, I'm now trying to grow it out, and I know all of the blow drying and straightening is horrible for it. 

I'm always on the lookout for products that work for my naturally wavy hair, but it's hard to find something that actually does what it says it will. My biggest pet peeve is a mousse or spray that makes my hair crunchy or super wet-looking even after it's dry. 

Gross.

For those of you with naturally curly/wavy hair who have used those kinds of products before, you know what I mean, right? 

That's why I love this texturizing spray.

Here's what I do: 

After getting out of the shower, I don't comb/brush my hair. I leave it curly and messy and just spray this all over. Then I flip my head upside down and spray underneath. 

Then — and this is the hardest part for me — I don't touch it. 

No scrunching, no messing with it, nothing. Doing so only creates frizzy hair and flyaways, which no one wants. 

After my hair dries and my patience is rewarded, I have the most perfect beachy waves ever. The texture of this product is its best feature. Nothing else I've ever used has given my hair such a nice texture without making it feel either super crunchy or super limp. It really does feel like I've been at the beach, but in a good way. And it smells good, too.

Humid summer days are fast approaching (it becomes pointless to even try to straighten my hair), so I know I will be using this product all the time. And my hair does deserves a break from the blow dryer and straightener. Maybe then it will start to grow a little faster.

Here's to hoping!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing - I've seen this at the store and thought about buying it before! Now I definitely will try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with my curly hair, I will totally be trying this! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I've seen their products at Target, and they're a bit more on the expensive side, but I must try this!

    http://olgasrecord.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard a lot about sea salt texturizing sprays and I've always been curious. I think I may just need to get one now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I'm so glad you shared this! I get that frizzy hair in the summer, especially when it's humid like it is here. Can't wait to try this out! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so going to have to try this! i've tried 34923590 different products for my wavy curly hair and i've yet to find the perfect one...!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely trying this!
    I straighten my hair most of the time.. but I'm just like you, sometimes I'm NOT in the mood.
    And especially with the humid days quickly approaching, this will be PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS