Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

I've been eyeing these bad boys during every trip to the drugstore recntly,
and I finally gave in a bought the leopard pattern. 
Some of the patterns are a little wacky (pink camo, anyone?) but I was really into this animal print. 

I put them on Friday, and they are still intact almost a week later. 

So far, so good — and so many compliments!



If you buy these, be sure to follow the instructions closely! They're basically just like a nail sticker — press on, hold for a few seconds, fold over the end of your nail and voila! 

It will take about 20 minutes total to put them all on (you have to choose the correct size for each nail) and the result is so cute! 

The best part is there are extra strips for mess ups (which will probably happen a few times at first). 

I like this design because it's such a change from how I would normally have my nails painted. And who doesn't love a little animal print in their life?

11 comments:

  1. I've always wondered if these things actually work or if they were a scam. I want to try them out! And your leopard nails do look really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried them out the other night, but I couldn't get them to work because I thought my nails were too short. But yours look like the same length as my nails. How did you accomplish the fold over your nail part? Did you cut the excess off the top first?

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Tara! Were your hands warm? That might make a difference in if they work or not. I lined up each strip with the bottom of my nail and folded them over the top of my fingernail. I didn't cut anything but the strips kind of cut themselves once they were folded. Does that make sense?

      Delete
  3. those are so cute!!! I'll have to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got them put on for free at a pool party in Vegas that US Weekly was hosting...I love the fishnet print...perffy for Vegas. I found it worked best if you apply a clear topcoat over it, I applied a new topcoat about every other day and mine lasted a week plus! My nails obvi were growing out but the topcoat will make it last sooooooooooooo much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend tried the Zebra ones and she loved them!! They stayed on forever too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could never pull off animal print, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. nominated you for a little award that's going around. you can check it out on my blog. more than likely you've already gotten this, but let's just go with it. :)

      Delete
  7. I've wanted to try those for a while. Maybe I'll just have to go get me some ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I definitely want to try these!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS