Sunday, January 29, 2012

Life's too short to drink cheap wine

Yesterday I spent the day at Cave Ridge Vineyards in Mount Jackson with my friend Stef. It was my first trip to the vineyard, and it was beautiful, even in January. I can't wait to see what it looks like during the spring and summer. Stef and I helped with wine tastings, and they were having a special where you could get a bowl of delicious turkey chili with a glass of wine and sit by the fire. It was such a great atmosphere and I was able to meet a lot of really nice people. After a full day of wine tastings, I feel like I'm on my way to becoming quite the wine connoisseur.

Leah, Stef and I in the tasting room

The best part of yesterday, however, was the private barrel tasting of all of the 2011 wines that haven't been released yet. It was such a cool experience, and I was able to taste some really delicious wine. We tasted a beautiful cabernet sauvignon, a buttery traminette, and many more. I can't wait to see how these wines taste after they're aged more and bottled, considering how wonderful they were already.

Our private barrel tasting

A taste of Syrah
It was a fun way to spend my Saturday, in addition to getting a nice surprise from Michael. I hope everyone else had a nice, relaxing weekend as well!

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, wine is all worth it :). I love a good glass of wine, anytime.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to go to a wine tasting so badly! It's on my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie - You definitely should! It's one of my favorite things to do, especially during the spring and summer! Just be prepared to be buzzed after the tasting! :)

      Delete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS