Monday, January 30, 2012

Makeup Monday

One of my favorite bloggers, Keiko Lynn, usually does a makeup Monday post, which is my inspiration today. But instead of taking pictures of me, I'll just show you what makeup I use and love.


After years of wearing various brands of drugstore makeup (think CoverGirl foundation, concealer, etc.), I switched to bareMinerals and haven't looked back. If you're not 100 percent happy with your makeup right now, I suggest you make the switch as well. There are so many different options with bareMinerals, and even though these products are a little pricy, I think they are well worth it. I wear the Matte SPF 15 Foundation in Medium Beige, the SPF 20 Concealer in Summer Bisque, Tinted Mineral Veil, and then I finish with Warmth. I admit at first I was a little intimidated by the whole bareMinerals "buffing" technique, but as with anything, practice makes perfect. What I like most about this makeup, though, is its coverage, which you can adjust depending on how much you buff on. Warmth is my favorite product — I don't leave the house without it.

Next, I love my NARS blush in Orgasm. It is literally the most complementary blush I've come across. I wear it in all seasons, and it provides the best natural-looking flush. I love this blush.

Before I do my eyes, I curl my lashes with the Sonia Kashuk Deluxe Travel Eyelash Curler from Target. It's simple and compact, and a lot less scary than traditional eyelash curlers.

Finally, I use Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner and Lash Stiletto mascara, both in blackest black. I switched from pencil liners to liquid liner not too long ago, and I think it looks cleaner, but it does take some practice applying. The first time I tried using it, I looked like I put on my eyeliner with a crayon. Needless to say, you need a steady hand and patience to use liquid liner. The Lash Stiletto mascara, however, is easy to use and gives me some serious lashes. I'm lacking in the eyelash department, and this mascara helps me out tremendously.

I love makeup (I could spend hours in Sephora), and sometimes when I go out I'll experiment with different liner or eyeshadow colors, but these are definitely my go-to products.

8 comments:

  1. Great blog post!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the BareMinerals Matte SPF 15 and Nars Orgasm too! LOVE them! I wish I was brave enough for liquid liner! So happy to have stumbled on your blog :) xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I'm obsessed with bare minerals! I've always wanted to try Nars Orgasm too. Next time I'm in the market for blush I'll grab some. EVERYONE loves that shade! ;)

    Glad you found my blog so I could find yours! Loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Bare Minerals snob ever since I made the switch! It is by far the best foundation.. and it lasts a while. I've wanted to try some Nars for a while!! I'll have to do that next time I need blush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a bare minerals girl now thanks to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE NARS. One of my FAVORITE make up brands. Too bad its so expensive!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mare - You're the best!!

    Hailey - I totally agree! It does stink that the products are so expensive but the blush lasts for such a long time, so it does seem to be worth the investment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nars blush is best blush ever! and i agree it last FOREVER. they told me at sephora that the nars ograsm blush is sold every 30 seconds across the world. crazzzzy huh?

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS