Sunday, January 22, 2012

This not that: sweatpants in public

If there's only one thing that you take away from this blog, please let it be this: Never wear sweatpants in public. Please.

I admit that I have been guilty of this before, but I have since changed my ways for a variety of reasons. Most of all, it just looks sloppy. It is just as easy to pull on a pair of yoga pants or leggings as it is to put on sweatpants. I even promise you will look and feel better wearing anything other than sweatpants when you're in public. I'm a complete advocate for wearing your most comfortable, worn-in pair of sweatpants in the privacy of your own home. Sometimes when I get home from a long day of work and classes, all I want to do is put on my sweats and an oversized T-shirt and crawl into bed. But when I want to leave my house and venture out into public, I make sure to change into something else.

I know that it's cold outside and some people really don't care how they look as long as they're warm. I can understand that. But when I'm walking to class in the winter and the wind is blowing, jeans actually keep me warmer than sweats would. For those who make the comfort argument, I know not every pair of jeans is as comfortable as sweats are (unless you're wearing PajamaJeans, and if that's the case, we need to have a completely different conversation). Also, I'm pretty sure the average pair of jeans won't land you in the jail with the Fashion Police like wearing sweatpants in public surely will.

If that doesn't convince you, maybe this will.

1 comment:

  1. UGH one of my biggest pet peeves! Sweatpants AND pajama pants!? WHY do people do this!?

    I love that button.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS